Friday, June 20, 2008

training and fundraising updates

I'm over my minimum now, nearly $2,500 and counting!

Thanks to the following new donors since my last post:

  • Neil Boudreau, State Traffic Engineer, MassHighway;
  • Wood Hill Middle School, Andover, MA (and Mr. Brodeur's students); and
  • Ocean State Signal Company in Smithfield, RI.

Dad and Rose have been here for the last 2 weeks, so not much training has been happening. Last weekend, we poured 900 lbs. of concrete into my front steps to replace a couple that were cracked. I guess the labor of mixing and pouring concrete falls into the "cross training" category. I walked 4 miles yesterday around downtown and the Back Bay. This weekend, I'll log in some more miles.

In other news, my friend Kate Monsalvatge and I have formed team Will Walk for Boobs. Kate still needs to raise a little under $1,000, so if you are considering donating, please consider donating to her and helping our team. You can search her name to get to her personal page or search for team Will Walk for Boobs. Keep those donations coming! We appreciate the support!

more news later on this KBS station.

No comments: